Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just Today..


Dinner last night we had our neighbor's homemade baked fried chicken with mashed potatoes, green beans, and honey dew melon. It was good.

Yesterday was a VERY warm day here in Orem so I assumed that it would be an AMAZING day for a track meet in Weber but to my surprise, in Ogden, it was FREEZING and VERY WINDY!! Not good weather elements for a pole vaulter. There were 16 girl vaulters including me and my teammate Melissa and out of all of us only THREE girls heighted!! That tells you how RIDICULOUS this meet was. I actually might have feared for my life at this meet...seriously. It was so bad that the pole wasn't steady when running down the runway not to mention only a select few of us even made it off the ground! Anyways in short, it was a sucky meet.

Today, I woke up to check the travel list for conference championships. I was ranked 7th in pole vault and my teammate 6th. Neither one of us made it on the travel list. I was ok with it...not happy...but ok, but my teammate Melissa was NOT happy. This was her last season of track so it took a toll on her...she just got her nitch back and everything so it was kind of devastating. We have been through our ups and downs together, but all in all I can say I have an amazingly talented teammate and friend. We both did our best during the season and I am proud of that. I have come back from having ACL surgery in one year and broken all my personal records in my events. I reached 9 feet 6 inches in pole vault and 15 feet 7.5 inches in long jump. I also can do power cleans that weight as much as I do in weight lifting and am stronger than I ever have been before. I feel great. I feel accomplished. I thank God for giving me another chance at a unique opportunity to be on a college track team and for all the talents He has given me.

For dinner, it was my turn to cook. I made my daddy's cheesy spaghetti recipe with french garlic bread. It turned out pretty good and the neighbors seemed to like it. While making the bread, I cut my finger! I was doing too many things at once haha. Then I found out that one of our neighbors were going to the hospital to be induced to have their baby!! She is due with her baby boy on May 18th so it's not too early. It was funny watching her husband run around with his head cut off and trying to figure everything out...I can only imagine what it will be like when that happens to me and Brad (If we are blessed with kids). Hopefully we will be somewhat ready when that time comes. haha

I waited for Brad all day today cause I always miss him when he is at work...I feel bad cause he works SO HARD and DILIGENTLY...he deserves to be able to relax and I wish I could ease his burden a little bit. I am so grateful for him and for all he does. Well, kind of a lot to say, but I am going to go eat some brownies with my husband!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Alli! i miss you. its good to hear about all your records that you've broken. (: so exciting. i'm proud of you, and think you and brad are absolutely adorable together.

    ReplyDelete